Coronavirus Response from Coastal Neighbors Network
The Board and Staff of Coastal Neighbors are concerned about the effect COVID-19 could have on our members and volunteers as the virus spreads. Because our members and many of our volunteers can be considered in the vulnerable demographic, we want to be especially thoughtful in our approach.
We will continue to monitor the websites of local, state, and the Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the latest advisories that may impact Coastal Neighbors members and volunteers. Throughout the crisis we will increase communication to our members and volunteers, keeping you informed and sharing helpful information. Please, if you have suggestions for our communications, send us an email.
Coastal Neighbors Services
- In accordance with social distancing guidelines, Coastal Neighbors will be limiting services to our members to essential requests, such as pick up and delivery for food or pharmacy items and critical doctor appointments.
- If you have a critical doctor's appointment that requires transportation, please call the doctor's office to confirm the appointment is still being honored. If it is, please use the Coastal Neighbors website to request the service as usual to schedule your ride.
- We encourage members to stay home and use the delivery services available in our community or let willing volunteers provide help to you.
- While social distancing is physically healthy, we want to be sure that you do not feel too alone or isolated in the coming weeks. We would like to connect you to a regular phone buddy for your health and for theirs. Please let us know if you would like to be part of this arrangement while we all navigate this new normal.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
- If you are sick or test positive for the coronavirus, please notify Andy Pollock, our executive director at 508.556.4004. He will contact any volunteers you may have come in contact with and let them know that they may have come in contact with coronavirus and should contact their doctor.
- Let Andy know if you need any help with food or medical deliveries while you are sick.
- For members & volunteers who live alone or are interested, we have set up a buddy system for regular check-in calls. Please let Andy know if you would like to be part of this.
- Local numbers for your reference
Public Health Guidelines & Information
Programs & Events
For the immediate future, all Coastal Neighbors programs and events are cancelled or postponed until the outbreak has passed. Most upcoming March & April 2020 community events have also been cancelled.
Are there other ways we can help you during this time? Let us know and we will do what we can.
Andy Pollock email
Andy Pollock phone 508.556.4004